The Tithe Farm Social Club started in 1933 from humble beginning in a builders hut at the end of what is now known as Lucas Avenue.
The builder Thomas Nash gave residents of the Tithe Farm Estate permission to use his employees work hut, however they had to provide their own tables and chairs. Permission was also given for the hut to be used as changing rooms and for football to be played on the site of Lucas Avenue, thus Rayners Lane FC came into being.
In 1934, the Tithe Farm Estate was canvassed for shareholders and members on the 26th of December they were given a 21year lease on the land and took possession of the Pavillion. A meeting of members took place in March 1935 to decide on inclusion of a bar. This was agreed and the necessary alterations undertaken to complete and open the bar in April. At the same time other alterations and extensions were made which included what is now knows as the Snooker Room. Messrs Nash & Coombes performed the official opening of the Tithe Farm Social Club on the 31st August 1935.
In 1965 the freehold of the land was purchased and with the enthusiastic volunteers organising, maintaining and supporting sections such as Football, Drama, Darts (Ladies & Men’s), Snooker and Archery thrived as they continued to do so today. In 2006 our name was changed to the Tithe Farm Sports and Social Club.